Online Class Updates & Community Resources
Yoga Nirvana Studio’s (YNS’s) Jentlly Lane studio is temporarily closed to the public.
We are migrating to an online delivery program to comply with social distancing protocols, and welcome your questions, input, requests and feedback. Watch this page for info on our evolving class options and series offerings!
ALSO check our schedule page — streaming classes will be listed there, with options to “book” to access live zooms. Click this link to go to the Class Schedule page
Online and streaming classes are the “new normal” for our studio right now! Check here for updates and instructions for accessing our classes!
The governor’s stay-at-home announcement (effective 5 PM on March 31, 2020) confirmed that for awhile, at least, we’ll be continuing to offer classes as a virtual studio and community.
It’s April 1, and we are working today to update access and provide instructions for sign up/registration and membership details linked to our prerecorded and livestream classes as well as additional perks for memberships.
Thank you for your support in this transition to a (temporarily virtual) studio; we’re eager for your input and welcome your ideas, feedback, requests, and suggestions!
Support Each Other
This is a particularly trying time for many in our YNS community. There’s never been a better moment to demonstrate the huge impact that patience and kindness can make.
Please know that we’re here for you, and working to keep the community connected and healthy as all of us navigate this uncharted territory–well outside our usual comfort zones.
Stay Healthy and Informed:
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
National Center for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
State of Arizona:
- ENGLISH: https://www.azdhs.gov/
- SPANISH: https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/es/covid-19/index.php#novel-coronavirus-home
Phoenix & Tempe Updates
(what’s open, etc. – list is updated regularly, with caveats — call or check to confirm the hours/status have not changed prior to going out):
- What grocery stores et al are still open for business? https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/events/list-what-grocery-stores-restaurants-and-businesses-are-open-and-not-open-around-phoenix
- What restaurants are open for take-out/delivery? https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/events/some-phoenix-restaurants-are-closing-their-dining-rooms-because-of-covid-19
- What events have been cancelled: https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/arizona-events-canceled-coronavirus-covid-19-pearl-jam-debate-2020-11455670
- Support local business during COVID-19 closures: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-crisis-help-small-businesses/
- Learn more about support resources available for small businesses right now: https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/2020/03/20/list-of-coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-relief-programs/#633ed5e9e89d
- Support non-profits and Arts organizations: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/21/how-you-can-help-during-coronavirus/?arc404=true
- Support working musicians and artists, and those working in these industries: https://www.npr.org/2020/03/20/818539328/how-fans-can-support-artists-and-music-industry-workers-during-the-outbreak
- Donate supplies for animals in local shelters (Maricopa County): https://www.maricopa.gov/281/Donate
- Donate financially to support shelter animals (ASPCA): https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/coronavirus-covid-19-faq
Financial support options have been expanding nationwide (including unemployment in AZ)
- Start at this link: https://des.az.gov/services/coronavirus
- “On March 20, 2020, Governor Doug Ducey issued an executive order and administrative action aimed at providing certainty and economic relief for those facing financial hardship because of COVID-19, increasing access to unemployment benefits. These resources are applied retroactively to hardships experienced after March 11, 2020. Applications will be accepted beginning March 23, 2020.”
- There’s a webinar APRIL 2, at 2 PM AZ time, about applying, and you can RSVP for it (and submit your questions!) here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7zM06xirLcuKu9XmTY5k6xl_ILSEHpKnNIOx2O2soQzvl8g/viewform?edit2=2_ABaOnuff8PlMlcFTOeSwCa4ZTxxLHSEAmWdQ4A6ZCSl9lV5Pn0KwO3RIf61wjRJrehlpDxw
- Help a local business check out this GoFundMe hub, and if your business, or your fave, isn’t there–start a campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/small-business-relief-fundraisers?utm_source=email&utm_medium=marketing&utm_content=announcement&utm_campaign=032520_Small_Biz_Initiative_text_link