Yoga Nirvana Sweatshirts
$35 Anniversary edition crew or hoodie style
Pre-Order by Wednesday, 11/14!
Sweatshirt weather is here, and we’re ordering custom YNS hoodies/crewnecks this week in honor of YNS’s 10th anniversary.
You’ll be cozy all winter with this limited edition sweatshirt–only available for order this week! These also make excellent (and practical!) holiday gifts, so order right away — no extras will be available!
Questions about the sweatshirt, and/or ready to order? Contact Jake Gilmour email@example.com
Come to Yoga Nirvana Studio’s 10 Year Anniversary Celebration!
November 30 through December 2, 2018
It’s been 10 years since YNS opened its doors right here in Tempe, and we’re pleased to celebrate being part of this community.
We’re hosting a 3-day series of events and festivities starting November 30. We hope you’ll join the fun — there will be food trucks, free classes, and a host of amazing speakers/workshops.
Watch for details on a separate, special newsletter. Not signed up for our newsletter, or want to resubscribe? Click here!
NOVEMBER 1-21, 2018: Non-Perishable Food Drive at the studio.
- Bring in canned goods/non-perishable items between now and November 21.
- We will deliver them to the local Food Banks to support families in need during the holidays.
- Cash donations accepted in lieu of canned goods/non-perishable items.
Holidays is a great time of year to remember how lucky we are to have plenty, and to remember what an impact even the smallest human kindness can have on those under stress. In Arizona, 1 in 5 people experience “food insecurity” – they don’t know if or when they will have a next meal. And in this state, 30% of the population is considered “the working poor” – they have jobs, but have to choose between paying rent and eating.
This is a problem we can help solve. Directly, in this community. Everything helps. Need ideas for what to donate? Click on this link!
YNS’s “Karma Crew” is at it again – join us?
Yoga Nirvana started taking our studio’s collective yoga practice to the next level. Our goal? Build community by giving back to the community. The Karma Yoga Project is what we called our efforts to practice yoga off the mat for the benefit of our community. If you know of something going on that fits this philosophy, please share it with the studio.We organize many more community events as the holidays approach, and would love your support!
Do good in the world, and tell us about it! We are always on the lookout for new ways to build community. Got ideas? Please tell us about them!
To everyone at the studio who supported our project last year and who continue to encourage positive, proactive energy to support the local and larger community, THANK YOU!
- In September 2017, you helped support the Red Cross and survivors of Hurricane Harvey. Thank you for your donations!
- In October 2017, we had two events: the Pedal Haus Oktoberfest yoga event raised over $500 for the Humane Society of AZ, and Team Yoga Nirvana helped to raise over $500 for the American Cancer Society at the Making Strides walk at Tempe Beach Park.
- In November 2017, we held a canned food (or funds) collection to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank, where every dollar donated results in seven meals.
- In December 2017, we participated in the Brain Cancer Walk, AND provided gifts to a needy Tempe family for Christmas. Our time and donations made a real difference at the local level — thanks for making the holiday brighter for others!
- In January 2018,
people participated in Tempe’s “Zero Waste Day” events in Tempe. Your mindfulness helps the planet! Go superheroes!
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)!
Yoga Nirvana offers the finest instruction for teacher training
At Yoga Nirvana Studio, Teacher Training is not a casual commitment, nor is it an automatic entry. Students of yoga who are interested in pursuing YNS Teacher Training must apply in person, and schedule an admission interview if your application is accepted. All applications will be considered, and students who are accepted into the program commit to fully participate in an immersive and comprehensive learning experience.
The screening process for YTT includes a written application and in-person interview.
We are always looking for studio support — and if you can be relied on to show up early on a regular schedule for one or more classes each week, let’s talk about trade for those classes! Responsibilities include studio setup prior to class, light clerical work (check students in, accept/track payments before/after class), and social media / marketing support.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Work Trade”)
We encourage you to follow us there!
Missed it this month? Click here to see November 2018’s newsletter!