Self Care 101 in 2018!
If you’re new to YOGA, or new to YOGA NIRVANA STUDIO,
you’re a NEW STUDENT OF YOGA
No school ID required (you’re enrolled in The School of Life, so come as you are!)
Give your healthy habits a 30-day kickstart with 50% off a “one month unlimited” pass.
Saturday, February 10, 10:45-11:45 AM
Donation requested: $10 per person
Treat your body to some love with a sound bath. Tune in, tune up, and recenter with gong meditation. Allow your body to vibrate at a different frequency as you rest in a supported savasana, sound pulses washing over your body and mind, dropping your into a state of relaxation and stillness.
Costa Rica Retreat – May 25 – June 1, 2018
Reserve your spot today!
Pack your bags! Jim Keegan will host this annual summer retreat. There are 15 spots available. A $500 deposit reserves your spot. Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to email us with questions.
Third Thursday Happy Hour at Pedal Haus Brewery
Dates TBA – don’t forget to RSVP!
Pedal Haus Brewery, 730 S Mill Ave #102, Tempe, AZ 85281
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) –
If you missed your chance to start in January, you can get on the list for the next cohort!
Yoga Nirvana offers the finest instruction for teacher training.
Our mission is to foster a community of learning that takes a modern approach to ancient yogic philosophy, and to equip students with a superior understanding of teaching methodologies and techniques.
- Gain thorough knowledge of the history and tradition of yoga
- Study the classical yogic texts
- Understand the mechanics, anatomy, and physiology of the body
- Receive instruction on related subjects, such as health, nutrition and psychology
- Enjoy small class sizes, optimal for individualized instruction
The “Karma Yoga Project” at YNS continues. In September 2017, Yoga Nirvana started taking our studio’s collective yoga practice to the next level. Our goal? Build community by giving back to the community.
The Karma Yoga Project is what we call our efforts to practice yoga off the mat for the benefit of our community. We hope you’ll join us for this month’s events!
Thank you for your participation!
- In September, you helped support the Red Cross and survivors of Hurricane Harvey. Thank you for your donations!
- In October, we had two events: the Pedal Haus Oktoberfest yoga event raised over $500 for the Humane Society of AZ, and Team Yoga Nirvana helped to raise over $500 for the American Cancer Society at the Making Strides walk at Tempe Beach Park.
- In November, we held a canned food (or funds) collection to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank, where every dollar donated results in seven meals.
- In December, we participated in the Brain Cancer Walk, AND provided gifts to a needy Tempe family for Christmas. Our time and donations made a real difference at the local level — thanks for making the holiday brighter for others!
- In January,
people participated in Tempe’s “Zero Waste Day” events in Tempe. Your mindfulness helps the planet! Go superheroes!
We are always looking for studio support — and if you can be relied on to show up early on a regular schedule for one or more classes each week, let’s talk about trade for those classes! Responsibilities include studio setup prior to class, light clerical work (check students in, accept/track payments before/after class), and social media / marketing support.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Work Trade”)
Our new Instagram account is @yoganirvanastudio. We encourage you to follow us there!