Ho HO! It’s that time of year again!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year — and no matter what or how you celebrate the season, Yoga Nirvana Studio is out to make your winter holidays brighter (and gift giving easy)!
YNS gift cards are magical and available for timely delivery by planners OR procrastinators by stocking, envelope, chimney, or even magic carpet (or yoga mat?).
Gift cards are available now. See the front desk for details!
Get 50% off a one month unlimited yoga pass!
Show us your student ID and give yourself the gift of self care, sanity and stress relief during the holidays! Better yet, bring a workout buddy as a celebration of final exams — or in anticipation of your 2018 New Year’s resolutions to work on balance on and off life’s yoga mat.
The YNS Karma Yoga Project Continues!
In September, Yoga Nirvana started taking our studio’s collective yoga practice to the next level. Our goal? Build community by giving back to the community.
The Karma Yoga Project is what we call our efforts to practice yoga off the mat for the benefit of our community. We hope you’ll join us for this month’s events!
December 9: Brain Cancer Walk
7:30am – 9am at Steele Indian School ParkJoin us December 9th for the Brain Cancer Walk. To be part of the YNS team, please register at the front desk at the studio. The registration fee is $25, and all participants will receive an event T-shirt.
December 1-20: The Giving Tree
Help a local family in need!
This December, for the holiday season, Yoga Nirvana is adopting a Tempe family in need. We will make this family’s wishes come true by donating requested gifts. Tags for gifts are on a tree in the studio–if you take one, please bring the gift back wrapped up and include the tag on it.
Thank you for your continued participation in this project!
- In September, you helped support the Red Cross and survivors of Hurricane Harvey. Thank you for your donations!
- In October, we had two events: the Pedal Haus Oktoberfest yoga event raised over $500 for the Humane Society of AZ, and Team Yoga Nirvana helped to raise over $500 for the American Cancer Society at the Making Strides walk at Tempe Beach Park.
- In November, we held a canned food (or funds) collection to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank, where every dollar donated results in seven meals.
Make your reservations for the 2nd Annual YNS Yoga and Ski Vacation in snowy Vail, Colorado!
For $599, you get breakfast, dinner and lodging in beautiful Vail, Colorado. The vacation includes three full days of skiing, plus twice-per-day yoga led by Jake Gilmour and Jim Keegan. Prepare for skiing with morning yoga, enjoy playing in Colorado mountain powder during the day, then take advantage of yoga to recover at the end of each day.
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) –
Next cohort: September 23 – November 18, 2017
Yoga Nirvana offers the finest instruction for teacher training.
Our mission is to foster a community of learning that takes a modern approach to ancient yogic philosophy, and to equip students with a superior understanding
of teaching methodologies and techniques.
- Gain thorough knowledge of the history and tradition of yoga
- Study the classical yogic texts
- Understand the mechanics, anatomy, and physiology of the body
- Receive instruction on related subjects, such as health, nutrition and psychology
- Enjoy small class sizes, optimal for individualized instruction
We are always looking for studio support — and if you can be relied on to show up early on a regular schedule for one or more classes each week, let’s talk about trade for those classes! Responsibilities include studio setup prior to class, light clerical work (check students in, accept/track payments before/after class), and social media / marketing support.
If you are interested, email email@example.com (subject line “Work Trade”)
Our new Instagram account is @yoganirvanastudio. We encourage you to follow us there!