Time to renew your commitment to yourself this year?
REMEMBER! If you’re new to YOGA, or new to YOGA NIRVANA STUDIO,
you’re a NEW STUDENT OF YOGA!
No school ID required (you’re enrolled in The School of Life, so come as you are!)
Renew your commitment to yourself and healthy habits in 2018 with 50% off a “one month unlimited” studio pass.
Monthly Gong Meditation
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Donation requested: $10 per person
Treat your body to a lovely bath of sound. Tune in, tune up, and recenter with gong meditation. Allow your body to vibrate at a different frequency as you rest in a supported savasana, sound pulses washing over your body and mind, dropping your into a state of relaxation and stillness.
Costa Rica Retreat – May 25 – June 1, 2018 – reserve your spot today!
The cost for this retreat is $1,500; Pack your bags! Jim Keegan will host this annual summer retreat. The package fee includes lodging, two meals per day, local shuttle transportation to/from the venue, and daily yoga. There will be plenty of time to explore on this trip. Join the fun and kick off your summer (and your shoes) on exotic shores!
Fine Print: Airfare is separate. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. A $500 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot for the trip (there are only 3 left)! Please note: this deposit is non-refundable. Questions? Please feel free to email us!
Third Thursday Happy Hour at …. A venue to be announced soon
Check the signup sheet at the studio!
April 19, 7:30 PM – please be sure to RSVP by Wednesday, 3/18
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)!
Yoga Nirvana offers the finest instruction for teacher training
At Yoga Nirvana Studio, Teacher Training is not a casual commitment, nor is is an automatic entry. Students of yoga who are interested in pursuing YNS Teacher Training must apply in person, and schedule an admission interview if their application is accepted. All applications will be considered, and students who are accepted into the program commit to fully participate in an immersive and comprehensive learning experience, honoring both the spirit and the letter of teacher training requirements.
For those students accepted into a cohort, YNS Teacher Training generally costs a minimum of $2800 (one full payment, in advance, upon acceptance into the program; books and materials extra), or $3200 (several structured payments, beginning with downpayment, and only with permission of the instructor; books and materials extra). This tuition amount is subject to change; the final amount is determined during application and admission processes; all accepted students sign a learning contract with the owner of the studio.
- Monday & Wednesday 4:30 – 7:30pm
- Saturday 9 – 12pm
Our mission is to foster a community of learning that takes a modern approach to ancient yogic philosophy, and to equip students with a superior understanding of teaching methodologies and techniques.
Students who enroll in our program leave with a rich body of knowledge that far surpasses just knowing the asanas.
Those who enroll can expect to…
- Gain thorough knowledge of the history and tradition of yoga
- Study the classical yogic texts
- Understand the mechanics, anatomy, and physiology of the body
- Receive instruction on related subjects, such as health, nutrition and psychology
- Enjoy small class sizes, optimal for individualized instruction
The “Karma Yoga Project” at YNS continues. In September 2017, Yoga Nirvana started taking our studio’s collective yoga practice to the next level. Our goal? Build community by giving back to the community.
The Karma Yoga Project is what we call our efforts to practice yoga off the mat for the benefit of our community. We hope you’ll join us for this month’s events!
Thank you for your participation!
- In September, you helped support the Red Cross and survivors of Hurricane Harvey. Thank you for your donations!
- In October, we had two events: the Pedal Haus Oktoberfest yoga event raised over $500 for the Humane Society of AZ, and Team Yoga Nirvana helped to raise over $500 for the American Cancer Society at the Making Strides walk at Tempe Beach Park.
- In November, we held a canned food (or funds) collection to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank, where every dollar donated results in seven meals.
- In December, we participated in the Brain Cancer Walk, AND provided gifts to a needy Tempe family for Christmas. Our time and donations made a real difference at the local level — thanks for making the holiday brighter for others!
- In January,
people participated in Tempe’s “Zero Waste Day” events in Tempe. Your mindfulness helps the planet! Go superheroes!
We are always looking for studio support — and if you can be relied on to show up early on a regular schedule for one or more classes each week, let’s talk about trade for those classes! Responsibilities include studio setup prior to class, light clerical work (check students in, accept/track payments before/after class), and social media / marketing support.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Work Trade”)
Our new Instagram account is @yoganirvanastudio. We encourage you to follow us there!