Be the Change. Karma Yoga
YNS “Karma Crew” – doing good, being the change.
Karma Crew is a volunteer group focused on the karmic element of yoga.
Yoga Nirvana began taking the studio’s collective yoga practice to the next level in 2017. Our goal? Build community by giving back to the community–taking our yoga practice “off the mat.” The Karma Yoga Project is what we call it. If you know of something going on that fits this philosophy, please share it with the studio.We organize many more community events as the holidays approach, and would love your support!
Do good in the world, and tell us about it! We are always on the lookout for new ways to build community. Got ideas? Please tell us about them!
To everyone at the studio who supported our project last year and who continue to encourage positive, proactive energy to support the local and larger community, THANK YOU!
- In November 2019, we did it again: Yoga in the Park supported “Trees Matter,” a local non-profit working to increase awareness of trees’ role in sustaining human well-being in a desert climate.
- In April 2019, the YNS Karma Crew co-organized a Yoga in the Park event in honor of Earth Day — Thank you for supporting it–it’s true, especially in the desert: Trees Matter!
- In March 2019, the YNS Karma Crew raised over $425 for our furry friends in Maricopa County (ASPCA). Thank you for helping support animals going through a ruff time!
- In December 2018, the YNS Karma Crew ran a Toys for Tots campaign to support local families in need. Thank you for making so many Christmas morning’s brighter right here in Tempe!
- In November 2018, YNS contributed non-perishable donations you brought in to benefit families struggling with food insecurity this Thanksgiving. We’re grateful to have such a generous community!
- In January 2018, people participated in Tempe’s “Zero Waste Day” events in Tempe. Your mindfulness helps the planet! Go superheroes!
In December 2017, we participated in the Brain Cancer Walk, AND provided gifts to a needy Tempe family for
- Christmas. Our time and donations made a real difference at the local level — thanks for making the holiday brighter for others!
- In November 2017, we held a canned food (or funds) collection to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank, where every dollar donated results in seven meals.
- In October 2017, we had two events: the Pedal Haus Oktoberfest yoga event raised over $500 for the Humane Society of AZ, and Team Yoga Nirvana helped to raise over $500 for the American Cancer Society at the Making Strides walk at Tempe Beach Park.
- In September 2017, you helped support the Red Cross and survivors of Hurricane Harvey. Thank you for your donations!