200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)!
Yoga Nirvana offers the finest instruction for teacher training
At Yoga Nirvana Studio, Teacher Training is not a casual commitment, nor is it an automatic entry. Students of yoga who are interested in pursuing YNS Teacher Training must apply in person, and schedule an admission interview if your application is accepted. All applications will be considered, and students who are accepted into the program commit to fully participate in an immersive and comprehensive learning experience.
The screening process for YTT includes a written application and in-person interview.
To apply, come in person to the studio.
Our mission is to foster a community of learning that takes a modern approach to ancient yogic philosophy, and to equip students with a superior understanding of teaching methodologies and techniques.
Download the application here (or on the image at right)
- You must apply in person to this program.
- Make an appointment with Jim Keegan when you are at the studio.
- Mark your calendar with the interview date/time, and complete the application in advance.
- Download the application form and learning contract.
- Create a separate document to capture your original responses to all questions.
- Save your document as a .PDF (filename should include your name, YTT, date (ex: EarlYslas-YTT-June2018)
- Email your responses to the questions to email@example.com PRIOR to your application interview
- Bring two printouts/completed hard copies to the scheduled in-person application interview
- Your Responses to the application questions (completed prior to interview, focus of the discussion)
- Learning Contract (completed as part of the admission process, not prior to the interview)
Questions? Email (use “YTT” in the subject line) YogaNirvanaStudio@gmail.com
General information for successful YTT applicants:
YNS Teacher Training costs $2800 (single payment in full, due in advance, upon acceptance into the program; books and materials extra), or $3200 (structured payment option, beginning with non-refundable downpayment, available only with permission from the instructor; books and materials extra).
Classes will be held three days per week; pre-preparation (readings, written homework) and physical attendance are mandatory. All terms and conditions for participation will be discussed during your initial in-person interviews when you apply for admission; if your application results in an invitation to join a YTT student cohort, you will sign a learning commitment/contract with the owner of the studio.
Students who enroll in our program leave with a rich body of knowledge that far surpasses just knowing the asanas.
Those who enroll can expect to…
- Gain thorough knowledge of the history and tradition of yoga
- Study the classical yogic texts
- Understand the mechanics, anatomy, and physiology of the body
- Receive instruction on related subjects, such as health, nutrition and psychology
- Enjoy small class sizes, optimal for individualized instruction